PARENTS: Please note that you should allow cookies in order to log into the Parent Area. Further information
We are proud to have been awarded the Educate and Celebrate Pride in EDI bronze award in recognition of our ongoing work to embed good practice in the School with regard to promoting respect and understanding.
Pride Month - June 2023
We've enjoyed celebrating Pride Month with video, music and flags, honouring the diversity, inclusion and love that is celebrated throughout our school community. We also held a student led, all-school Pride assembly.
In the 2022/23 academic year we're also happy to have:
- 🏳️🌈 Organised a series of exciting initiatives during LGBT+ History Month in February 2023 to commemorate the rich history of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community and to encourage open discussion and exploration of identities. This included discussion in houses following student-led research into historical figures
- 🏳️🌈 Held student led, all school assembly to mark Black History Month
- 🏳️🌈 Had staff training with Dr Elly Barnes from Educate & Celebrate
- 🏳️🌈 Held monthly mentoring for staff on how to encourage an inclusive culture for the LGBTQ+ community
- 🏳️🌈 Had weekly meeting for student members of the LGBTQ+ community
Collaboration with Bold Voices
Since September 2021, all year groups have attended workshops run by Bold Voices. The sessions discuss gender discrimination and gender-based violence and explore discriminatory behaviour such as sexist language and attitudes, considering how these might be harmful to others.
This is hard hitting stuff that isn’t easy to talk about. However, we feel strongly that it is important to have these conversations, particularly whilst our students are at such a formative age. The aim is for them to think about how they can treat each other with kindness and respect.