bryanston proud to join the blandford schools' network
Bryanston School is proud to have joined the Blandford Schools’ Network, which aims to offer all children in the Blandford area a rich, inclusive and challenging education to enable them to reach their maximum potential as future citizens.
The schools in the network work in close partnership at all levels through planning and evaluation meetings, joint teacher and staff development and shared resources. The schools communicate and work together on key pastoral issues such as attendance, behaviour, punctuality and safeguarding.
The network currently comprises:
- The Blandford School, for students aged from 11 – 18.
- Bryanston Independent School, for students aged from 13 - 18.
- Knighton House Independent School, for boys and girls aged 3 - 7 and girls 7 - 13.
- Eight primary schools for children from 4 – 11 years:
- Archbishop Wake;
- Blandford St Mary;
The Headteachers of the Blandford Schools’ Network, including Mark Mortimer of Bryanston School, have agreed to offer the following to children at their school:
- A happy transition from primary to secondary.
- Continuity and progress in their learning.
- An inclusive curriculum that ensures creativity, breadth and coverage.
- Increasingly, agreed policies and approaches across the schools.
In addition, children in the Blandford Schools’ Network are entitled to attend a school which provides a safe, secure and orderly environment, safeguarding the rights of teachers to teach and children to learn.