PARENTS: Please note that you should allow cookies in order to log into the Parent Area. Further information
International Baccalaureate Evaluation: Success for Bryanston
At the end of November, we were visited by three highly experienced inspectors from IB World Schools to evaluate our International Baccalaureate offering.
As part of the visit, they talked with a selection of parents to hear their views on the implementation of the programme at Bryanston. IB World Schools’ findings were remarkably positive and the evaluation of our IB offering was a success.
The inspectors were rigorous and thorough in their investigations, observing lessons and conducting interviews with staff, pupils, parents, and governors.
The inspection team highlighted some of the outstanding points they evidenced, most notably:
- Bryanston has developed an organisational culture grounded in the IB vision and philosophy around a holistic student development, anchored in a progressive vision of robust student outcome and a growth mindset.
- Bryanston demonstrates a commitment to providing a high-quality learning environment and maintaining a breadth of subject choices in response to student and parent requests.
- Bryanston is a safe, healthy and nurturing environment which reflects the School’s purpose for learning as characterised by respect for diversity, fairness and trust.
- Bryanston provides extensive services to support all students in the areas of physical, emotional, personal counselling and academic guidance through their one-to-one tutoring system which provides a very high level of individual care and attention.
- The students are actively involved in their own learning as demonstrated by the examples of independent study, self-reflection and peer evaluation which was evident in the small class sizes that provide that individualised learning.
- Students are getting feedback on a regular basis through a dedicated correction period time which provides an opportunity for individual student support and mentoring.
We are incredibly pleased with the feedback from the inspection and wish to pass on our thanks to all those involved in the inspection and preliminary report that was submitted before the visit.
Head of IBCP Rose Ings, commented: “Both Ed Pyke and I look forward to building on this success and speaking to pupils about their options of completing either the IB Diploma or IB Career-Related course at Sixth Form. We currently offer IB CP courses in Business Marketing or Sport with Sports coaching and a wide range of IB DP subjects.”
IB World Schools is celebrating its 50th year and we are delighted to be part of the network of schools that offers the IB. The IB Evaluation Day takes place once every five years.