PARENTS: Please note that you should allow cookies in order to log into the Parent Area. Further information
Knighton House underwent a Compliance Inspection in February 2020 by the Independent Schools’ Inspectorate (ISI).
All eight standards were successfully met.
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements was graded excellent
- All pupils including children in the EYFS demonstrate outstanding attitudes to learning due to the extremely strong ‘can do’ ethos which pervades the school.
- Pupils make excellent progress from their individual starting points as a result of the high-quality individualised support and guidance they receive for their learning.
- Pupils are excellent empathetic communicators and are highly competent in literacy, as communication is value by the school as a foundation stone to learning.
- Pupils’ excellent progress is clearly exemplified in the school’s own comprehensive assessment framework, although the system does not link with the newly introduced standardised testing to present a clear picture of pupils’ overall attainment.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development was graded excellent
- Pupils have an outstanding appreciation of the non-material aspects of life, which matches the aims and ethos of the school.
- Pupils and particularly boarders relish every opportunity to make a positive contribution to the lives of others, and demonstrate a profound sense of belonging to the school due to the high expectations of community responsibility set by the leaders and managers.
- Pupils’ positive approaches to learning are characterised by their resilience and excellent levels of self-awareness due to the strength of the pastoral care systems.
The inspection report recommended the following improvement
- To ensure that performance tracking systems are fully integrated to provide a clear picture of pupils’ progress and attainment over time.
We’ve taken this recommendation on board and introduced a range of measures, such as implementing a full range of GL Assessments so we can monitor pupils’ progress against national standards, to ensure that all the various data collected about each child is used to track their progress and attainment.
Knighton House underwent an Educational quality inspection in 2017 by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
This reports on the two main outcomes for pupils: achievement and personal development. Reporting is with reference to contributory factors such as the curriculum, teaching and pastoral care. We were delighted to be graded excellent in pupil achievement and personal development.