We look forward to welcoming you to Speech Day on Saturday 8 July 2017.
We hope you will join us for a day to celebrate the end of another academic year and to wish our 2017 leavers all the best as they take their next steps into the world beyond Bryanston.
Speech Day 2017 schedule (timings tbc)
Friday 7 July
2.00pm House Athletics
Afternoon tea will be served from the gazebo at 3.45pm
6.30pm Gosforth's Fete, Marquee
Bryanston staff perform Ayckbourn’s classic one-act farce presenting the catastrophic efforts of publican Gordon Gosforth to run the local village fête. With the revelation of an affair, a faulty tea-urn, a pompous Town Councillor, a drunken Scout Master and his runaway pack of Scouts, a thunder storm and an accidental electrocution to contend with, Gosforth’s Fête is hilariously doomed! Admission is free, but please reserve tickets via the Coade Hall box office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01258 484623.
7.30pm The Visit, Coade Hall
This amateur production of The Visit is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French Ltd. With an eclectic retinue, which includes her seventh husband, two mass murderers, a black panther, two blind eunuchs and a coffin, multi-billionairess Claire Zachanassian returns to her impoverished and bankrupt home town of Guellen to scatter wealth and salvation. But why should she reward the town that ridiculed and ejected her when she was a young, penniless and pregnant girl? Don’t miss this classic, hilarious and disturbing tale of corruption and revenge. Admission is free, but please reserve your seats through the Coade Hall box office on email@example.com or 01258 484623.
Saturday 8 July
From 9:30am Tennis matches on the Grass Courts
10.00am Art, Design and Technology, and ICT exhibitions open
10.30am Service of Thanksgiving in St Martin's Church (Speech Day Choir)
11.00am Coffee served in the marquee on the Terrace
11.30am-12.15pm C Street, Contemporary and Elite Street dance performances in the Quad
11.50am String Chamber Orchestra Concert in the Mark Elder Concert Hall
From midday Drinks for parents in boarding houses.
Timings and venue for drinks in each house will be emailed to parents
12.15-1.40pm Lunch served in the Dining Hall
Eating outdoors or in Dorchester or Grosvenor
12.30pm Dance Band on the Terrace (in Cowley if wet)
2.45pm Speeches and prize-giving in the Greek Theatre (all pupils attending)
3.45pm Tea served in the marquee immediately after speeches
Pupils may leave with their parents following the speeches at approximately 3.45pm
4.30pm Term ends
- Parents are kindly asked not to park on the verges and to follow directions given by the marshals posted around the school grounds.
- Dress code for pupils: Boys should wear a jacket, tie and smart trousers or a suit. Girls should wear a dress, skirt or trousers and a top.
- Pupils may leave with their parents following the speeches at approximately 3.45pm.
- Toilets are in the corridor to the left of the entrance to the Dining Hall and at the far end of the basement corridor past the A2 Soc. There are also toilet facilities in the foyer of Coade Hall and on the Beechwood Lawn.
- Bryanston is a no smoking site.
- First Aid: if you or any member of your party need First Aid or have an accident please see a member of the Bryanston staff.
- In case of fire: We operate a two-bell fire alarm system in the Main Building. On hearing the second alarm, parents and guests should assemble in front of Coade Hall. Pupils will know where to go, depending on which house they are in.
All other buildings on site operate a one-bell system and are evacuated on hearing the first alarm.
Please follow the safety announcements that will be made.
- Please be careful around the ponds and the river.
- Recycling: please place all rubbish in the appropriate bins in order that we can recycle as much as possible. Should you have any broken glass, please let a member of our Housekeeping Team know.
- Wet weather: in the event of rain, please listen out for announcements regarding the location of speeches. Priority will be given to prize winners, A2s and their parents.
- Please do not leave alcohol unattended.