Skip to content ↓

International applications

Bryanston welcomes applications from international pupils into years 9 and 12 and occasionally year 10.

  • Q When can we visit the School?  


    For year 9 entry we suggest your first visit should be as part of a group visit on a Friday or Saturday morning. For all other years, please contact Sarah Spencer or 0044 1258 484633 to arrange a suitable day and time, or complete our enquiry form

  • Q How do we apply for a place?  


    Please contact the Admissions Department to check whether there are spaces available and to request an application form.

  • Q Is there an entrance exam?  


    Candidates will be expected to sit the UKiset test in the first instance. If performance is satisfactory candidates may be asked to sit a further English and maths test.

  • Q What English qualifications are needed?  


    Pupils for whom English is a second language may be recommended for English support through one-to-one lessons each week to assist their learning. For an EAL candidate, we recommend that their level of English should be certified by one of the following:

    • Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) at A or B grade

    For sixth-form entry we recommend:

    • IGCSE ESOL at A or B grade
    • IELTS (International English Language Testing System) at least level 6.0
  • Q Does my child need a visa?  


    If your child has a UK or European Union passport they will not require a visa to study in the UK.

    If your child does not hold a UK passport, they may require a Child Student visa or need to provide evidence of their right to live and study in the UK before starting their course at Bryanston. Please check the UK Government website for more information: website.

    If your child has an EU, EEA or Swiss passport and they were living in the UK before 31 December 2020 you will need to have applied for pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme before 30 June 2021 to enable your child to continue to live and study in the UK. Further information can be found here. For EU, EEA and Swiss children entering the UK to start studying from 1 January 2021 onwards, you will need to apply for a Child Student visa.

  • Q How do I apply for a visa?  


    Once a place at Bryanston has been offered and accepted, we will issue a CAS number, which will allow the visa application process to start. Parents must ensure that their child is in possession of a valid visa before the start of the child’s first term. Parents must also ensure that their child’s passport and visa are renewed as required. More information and advice on the process is available on the UK Government website.

    A child intending to study at Bryanston should apply under the Child Student route.

  • Q How many international children are there at Bryanston?  


    International pupils represent approximately 10% of the school. Some pupils are British with parents living overseas; others are from a wide range of nationalities, including German, French, Spanish, Swiss, Turkish, Russian, Chinese and Korean. For some, English is a second or additional language but all pupils need to be proficient in both written and spoken English.

  • Q Is there travel from the airport to the School?  


    Bryanston’s coach service links up with Heathrow and Southampton airports. The School provides a ‘meet and greet’ service at the start of each half of term to coordinate the arrivals of pupils travelling from overseas.

  • Q Do I need a guardian for my child?  


    All children require a guardian if their parents do not live in the UK.

  • Q Does the School organise guardians?  


    The School does not organise guardians.

  • Q How do I find a guardian?  


    We recommend parents use the website of the Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students (AEGIS) to find an accredited UK guardian: