What is Coasteering?
Coasteering involves traversing along a stretch of intertidal zone, as part of an organised group activity. Participants travel across rocks and through water, using a variety of techniques including climbing, swimming and jumping into water. All coasteering guides and participants will be wearing wetsuits, buoyancy aids and helmets during the activity.
Strong winds and rough seas will be cause to cancel the activity.
Location: Dancing Ledge, Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Organiser: Duncan Curry
1. I have read the information on coasteering, and agree to my child taking part in the activity.
2. I declare my child fit enough to take part in the activities.
3. I will notify the organisers of any ailment, allergy, condition or diet that requires the attention of the organisers.
4. I authorise the organisers to act on my behalf in an emergency and to sign on my behalf any consent forms required by medical authorities if they know that it would not be advisable to wait for my own signature.
5. I accept that, whilst all due care and attention will be exercised by the organisers, my child will be required to act responsibly and in accordance with the prescribed code of behaviour which he/she has been given. I agree to the organisers reserving the right to send my child home if he/she will not comply with this code.
6. I accept that, though risk assessments are undertaken, an element of risk will exist with this activity.
7. I am aware there will be a £20 charge for coasteering and there may be an extra £5 hire fee if a wetsuit is required, which will be added to the termly bill.
8. In the event of an emergency I may be contacted on the following telephone numbers: