For information on rock climbing please view the ‘Guide for Parents’ provided by the British Mountaineering Council, which can be found on the rock climbing page.
* Rock climbing instructors are fully qualified to operate at the given locations.
* All safety equipment for each trip will be provided by the school.
* Pupils can bring their own climbing shoes if they wish.
* When participating in roped climbing activities the pupils will either be on a ‘top rope’ or, if experienced enough, lead climbing.
*In poor weather trips may be cancelled or alternative arrangements made to visit an indoor climbing wall.
Organiser: Duncan Curry
1. I have read the information on rock climbing, and agree to my child taking part in the activity.
2. I declare my child fit enough to take part in the activities.
3. I will notify the organisers of any ailment, allergy, condition or diet that requires the attention of the organisers.
4. I authorise the organisers to act on my behalf in an emergency and to sign on my behalf any consent forms required by medical authorities if they know that it would not be advisable to wait for my own signature.
5. I accept that, whilst all due care and attention will be exercised by the organisers, my child will be required to act responsibly and in accordance with the prescribed code of behaviour which they have been given. I agree to the organisers reserving the right to send my child home if they will not comply with this code.
6. I accept that, though risk assessments are undertaken, an element of risk will exist with this activity.
7. I am aware there may be a charge for rock climbing activities, which will be added to the termly bill. Charges for a trip will be detailed in the pre-trip information email sent to parents.
8. In the event of an emergency I may be contacted on the following telephone numbers: