Join THE Team
We are recruiting for OB telephone callers for our annual summer calling which will run from 10 to 29 July 2018.
There are thousands of alumni who have studied and experienced life at Byanston. As a student caller you will have the opportunity to speak to OBs who have had similar experiences to you, find out more about Bryanston’s past and keep the Bryanston family up-to-date with recent developments. You will be calling members of the Bryanston family who will have been written to beforehand. Part of the call will include you asking them for a charitable gift to Bryanston. An important part of the call will be to chat about what OBs are doing now, inform them about the needs of the school and the profound impact that donations to Bryanston have for current and future pupils.
No previous experience of telephone calling is needed as we will give you full training. You will need to have a positive and enthusiastic attitude as well as an ability to talk about your experiences at Bryanston with passion!
Benefits of being a telephone caller
- £8 per hour pay rate from the start!
- Add valuable experience and highly desirable skills to your CV to impress future employers.
- Receive full, paid training.
- Chance to win prizes and fun incentives.
- Make a tremendously positive impact for pupils' education for many years to come.
- Be part of a vibrant team of like-minded people.
- Chance to speak to alumni of the school, many of whom will share their fascinating stories.
- Build a useful OB network to help with your future career.
Interested in becoming a Bryanston caller?
Apply by completing the Application Form.
Speak to one of last year’s callers who will be happy to share their experience with you and answer your questions.
Want to apply but don’t live nearby? While we can't offer you accommodation at school, we can often help with putting you in touch with other callers or OBs who are willing to help you out with a bed for the duration of the calling period. Our advice is to proceed with an application and if successful, Amanda Lovejoy will be happy to chat with you to see how we can find a happy solution.
We pay £8 per hour.
Please make sure you are available for all the calling dates: 10–29 July inclusive:
- Training days: 10—11 July 10am—5pm
- Weekdays: 6.15pm—9.30pm
- Saturday: 11.45am—18:00pm
- Sunday: 13:45pm—20:00pm
Days off will be Monday 16th and Monday 23rd July.
You get fed too! Bryanston is happy to offer you a meal before each evening calling and on weekend calling days in the dining hall.
Interview and training
Telephone interviews will be held week beginning 7 May.
It is a condition of employment that all successful applicants attend the training sessions which take place on 10 and 11 July.
£25 Amazon voucher for introducing an OB friend
Introduce an OB friend and we will email you a £25 Amazon voucher to spend on something lovely for yourself to say thank you.
Conditions that apply:
- Your friend must be successfully hired
- Your friend must complete the training days
- Your friend must fulfill their contract
- Your voucher will be emailed to you at the end of the calling period, after 29 July 2018
- You can still refer an OB friend even if you are not applying yourself
- You can refer more than one OB friend
- Make sure your friend enters your full name and email details on their application form
For more information please contact Amanda Lovejoy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01258 484556.