Bryanston is part of the Jurassic Coast Teaching Schools’ Alliance.
The Jurassic Coast Teaching Schools’ Alliance is a vibrant and diverse partnership of schools across Dorset, Devon and Somerset. The partnership encompasses a number of primary and secondary schools, an FE College and a university. Bryanston is the only independent school involved.
Current partners include:
- Axminster Community Primary
- Beaminster School
- Beaminster St Mary's Primary Academy
- Bryanston School
- Budmouth College
- Charmouth Primary School
- Honiton Community College
- Littletown Academy
- Mrs Ethelston's Primary
- Sir John Colfox Academy
- St Andrew's Primary School Chardstock
- St Michael's Primary School
- The Red Start Primary School
The Jurassic Coast Teaching Schools’ Alliance was established in 2011 and operates from The Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis. Members work collaboratively to promote excellence and ensure the best possible learning outcomes and experiences for pupils.
Members draw on, share and develop the high quality, creative, research-informed practice of the teachers, leaders and staff in three principal ways:
- Supporting teacher recruitment and development – in partnership with Exeter University, the Alliance recruits, trains and supports trainee teachers locally in a wide range of subjects and across all phases.
- Providing on-going opportunities for professional development for teachers, leaders, governors and staff.
- Undertaking school to school support, sharing expertise and knowledge.
Goals include, but are not limited to:
- Working cooperatively to help foster an atmosphere of mutual support and engagement
- Encouraging the development of innovative practices, cutting edge research and high-quality teaching and learning.
- Ensuring new models of practice are understood and contributed to by each school and Academy.
The Alliance also works in close partnership with Babcock LDP, Dorset LA, The Redstart TSA, The North Dorset TSA and The West Country TSA.