PARENTS: Please note that you should allow cookies in order to log into the Parent Area. Further information
Do You Hear The People Sing?
Join us in uniting the whole Bryanston community through song. In these unprecedented times of isolation we invite you all – pupils, former pupils, all staff, former staff, governors and friends - to create a worldwide, mutually-supportive community chorus. Do You Hear The People Sing? from Les Misérables is a symbol of a united community of friends who look to the future with hope. You don’t need to be able to sing, just willing to have a go and add your voice to the chorus!
How to get involved
We would love you to film yourself singing along to our backing track and then upload your file to Dropbox. Don't forget that you will need to video yourself using a different device to the one you are using to play the backing track. We will then compile all the videos into a huge chorus featuring the whole Bryanston community. Please submit your entries by Sunday 5 April to ensure you are included in the final video.
Some tips for shooting a great video:
- Find a spot with good lighting – too much light behind you makes it very hard to see your face.
- Make sure there is no background noise.
- Have your phone or tablet set horizontally in a landscape configuration.
- Think about what you want to wear. Perhaps dress up as your favourite Les Misérables character.
- Play the backing track quietly, or listen to it through some earphones.
- You will need to play the backing track on a different device to the one you are using to video yourself.
- When you video yourself, sing confidently. If it goes too high for you, just sing it at a lower octave.
- Trim the video so we just have the part with you singing.
- Upload your video to Dropbox using the instructions below.
To upload your video please follow these steps:
Download the backing track file above.
Download the words to the song here.
Record your rendition of Do You Hear The People Sing?
Access the Dropbox link here and upload your file.
You will receive a confirmation email from Dropbox to notify you that your file has been uploaded.
By submitting your video to Dropbox, you consent to it being used by Bryanston School as part of its Worldwide Community Chorus and understand that it may appear online (website and social media) and will be viewable by anyone in the world. If you do not wish your video to appear, but you would still like to have your voice in the chorus, please send a video without your face appearing. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com but you should be aware that it may not be possible to remove your contribution from the finished film once it has been published online.