The School occupies a magnificent 400-acre estate in North Dorset, just outside the Georgian market town of Blandford Forum. The main building, a palatial country house in red brick banded with Portland stone, was designed for the Portman family by Norman Shaw and completed in 1897.
Bryanston House provides the School with its centre. The main corridor, which is one hundred yards long, serves the principal rooms of the house. The Dining Room, Drawing Room and Ballroom are now spacious work rooms holding large subject-based libraries, while the Entrance Hall, known as the Jeffreys Room, makes a grand reception area for visitors and a peaceful haven for pupils. Between these rooms lies the Main Hall, the heart of the school, through which every pupil is likely to pass several times a day.
The School has outstanding teaching and recreational facilities. There are purpose built-centres for Science, Technology, Music and Art, a modern professional theatre, a comprehensive sports complex, riding stables and 56 acres of playing fields bounded by the River Stour. The remainder of the estate provides an exceptionally beautiful garden for the School.